During Sigma events, we are offering an opportunity for nursing students to present their research, literature review, or evidence-based project as part of the Rising Stars of Research and Scholarship invited student presentations. We hope this offers an opportunity to elevate the nursing profession by showcasing the scholarly contributions of students.
For this event, Sigma is implementing a new format for the rising star students. The goal of conducting this new style of presentation is to showcase the current work of the novice nurse researcher in a brief 3–5-minute presentation followed by a discussion time.
Benefits of nominating students for this new presentation style:
- Reduced cost to the chapter or school (no cost to print a poster)
- Opportunity for the student to learn and/or enhance their presentation skills while articulating their research in a concise, succinct manner
- Reduced anxiety for the student related to traveling with poster
- Networking for the student with global nurses during the designated discussion time after the rapid presentations
Schools can nominate no more than three (3) students from each campus as program representatives. Each campus may send undergraduate students, master’s degree students, and/or doctoral students. If nominating a group project, please select one student to serve as the lead student and point of contact. Students should meet the following requirements:
- Enrolled as a current student at the time of nomination, but not required to be a student at the time of the event. Sigma membership is not required for participation.
- Nominated by a school representative based on additional criteria determined by the school; nomination means automatic acceptance for the student as a rapid presentation presenter during the event.
- Register and pay to attend and participate in the event. Discounted student rates are available. No additional discounts are available for students. Sigma is unable to offer any additional financial assistance to support students' travel expenses.
- Prepared to meet all deadlines listed below:
- Abstract Content Submission Deadline: 4 December 2023
- Presenter Registration Deadline: 3 January 2024
- Presentation Upload Deadline: 11 January 2024
Prepare to include the following required information in the nomination form no later than 9 November 2023 using the button below.
- Student's preference for presenting (in person or virtual)
- Lead student’s name
- Lead student’s preferred email address
- Title of the abstract for the presentation
- Program level student is currently enrolled
- Additional students’ names that were a part of this project.