Read the most recent issue of Board Matters for updates on decision-making, direction-setting, and information-sharing from Sigma's international board of directors. Archived issues are available at the end of the current issue.
Dear Sigma Members,
The board of directors met on Thursday through Saturday, 6-8 June 2019, in Indianapolis, Indiana at the society’s headquarters. Following are the outcomes and announcements from that meeting.
FY 2020 Budget
The CEO, Chief Financial Officer, and Staff Directors prepared an annual budget for the board’s consideration. The board reviewed and approved the society’s budget for the next fiscal year.
The board reviewed and approved the revised mission, vision, strategic goals and objectives. Associated documents were also reviewed. Information will be posted on the website and presented at Convention 2019.
Five proposed resolutions were submitted to the board for consideration. Four resolutions were approved and will be presented to the 2019 House of Delegates for consideration.
Global Regional Councils
Participation and interest continues to grow.
Chapter Charters & Charter Amendments
The Governance Committee presented motions for five chapter charters, six chapter charter amendments, and one chapter merger for the board’s consideration. All motions were approved.
- Chapter Charter Approved (Names Pending)
- University of Haifa (Haifa, Israel)
- Queen Margaret University (Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom)
- Southwest Minnesota State University (Marshall, Minnesota, USA)
- Long Island University – Brooklyn (Brooklyn, New York, USA)
- Norwich University (Northfield, Vermont, USA) and Vermont Technical College (Randolph, Vermont, USA)
- Chapter Charter Amendments
- Tuskegee University (Tuskegee, Alabama, USA) and UAB University Hospital (Birmingham, Alabama, USA) to join Nu Chapter (#12)
- Christian Brothers University (Memphis, Tennessee, USA) to join Beta Theta at-Large Chapter (#54)
- California State University-Channel Islands (Camarillo, California, USA) to join Gamma Tau at-Large Chapter (#89)
- New England Institute of Technology (East Greenwich, Rhode Island, USA) to join Delta Upsilon at-Large Chapter (#114)
- Bloomfield College (Bloomfield, New Jersey, USA) to join Iota Alpha Chapter (#215)\
- WellStar Atlantic Medical Center (Atlanta, Georgia, USA); WellStar Cobb Hospital (Austell, Georgia, USA); WellStar Kennestone Hospital (Marietta, Georgia, USA); WellStar Paulding Hospital (Hiram, Georgia, USA) and WellStar Douglas Hospital (Douglasville, USA) to join Mu Phi Chapter (#302)
- Chapter Merger
- Beta Rho Chapter (#63) Ball State University, Muncie, Indiana, USA and Upsilon Gamma Chapter (#457) Anderson University, Anderson, Indiana, USA. Upsilon Gamma Chapter’s name will be retired, and Beta Rho Chapter name will be retained.
Beth Baldwin Tigges, PhD, RN, PNP, BC
Safiya George Dalmida, PhD, APRN-BC