The International Honor Society of Nursing Building Corporation was incorporated in the State of Indiana 26 October 1993, as a title holding corporation under Section 501 (c) (2) of the Internal Revenue Code.
The primary purpose of the Building Corporation is to hold title to real and personal property for the benefit of Sigma Theta Tau International, Inc.
The Sigma board of directors, appoints up to seven (7) members of the board of directors for the Building Corporation.
IHSN Building Corporation Board Members:
Suzanne Prevost, PhD, RN, FAAN, Chair
Jose L. Alejandro, MSN, PhD, RN-BC, MBA, CCM, FACHE, FAAN, Treasurer
Jenny L. Sauls, PhD, MSN, RN, CNE, Secretary
Robin Bartlett, PhD, RN
Michael Napariu, CCIM (CPA inactive)
Daniel Oerther, PhD, PE, BCEE
John Whitcomb, PhD, RN, CCRN, FCCM
Chief Administrative Officer: Jody Dalton, CAO
Sigma Board Liaison: Kenneth Dion, PhD, RN, MSN, MBA
- Develop annual and biennial budgets and forward recommendations to the board of directors of Sigma for final approval.
- Administer the office space leases and leasing activities for existing and prospective tenants within the building.
- Fund the building’s depreciation reserve with multiple investment vehicles such as, money market funds, Certificates of Deposit, and mutual funds.
- Prepare financial projections and review the same on an on-going basis.
- Transfer revenue excesses each fiscal year to Sigma Theta Tau International, Inc. in accordance with the bylaws.
- Assure efficient and economic operations of the building’s Heating Ventilating and Cooling Systems (HVAC).
- Secure all necessary services to maintain the building in Class-A condition.
- Update and repair all mechanical, plumbing, and electrical systems within the building to operate as efficiently and economically as possible.
- Maximize the utilization of office space within the Sigma Theta Tau International, Inc. areas to accommodate staffing increases.
- Provide orientation to all newly appointed board members.
- Conduct regularly scheduled board of directors’ meetings.
- Prepare and review on an on-going basis the Building Corporation’s policy and procedure manual.
- Review risk and exposure of the building and board, and secure adequate insurance coverage.
- Develop emergency plans to assure the safety of all occupants of the building.
- Assess internal space needs of the Sigma staff operations, and provide a suitable work environment for staff to provide a high level of service to our membership.