Permission to Use Sigma Logo
If you are an Sigma member, go to The Circle
to download the chapter style guide and a JPEG file of the Sigma logo. If you would like a vector image of the logo or crest, complete the form included in the style guide and your request will be reviewed as soon as possible.
If you are not an Sigma member and would like to request use of Sigma's official logo, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
. In your email, provide detailed information regarding your intended use. Permission to use the logo or crest is granted on a case-by-case basis, and reasonable notice should be given. Approvals are for one-time use only.
INDIANAPOLIS — Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing (Sigma) will host its fourth annual Institute for Global Healthcare Leadership from 13-15 November 2019 in Washington, DC, USA. Featuring globally and nationally renowned speakers, this three-day institute is designed to prepare healthcare leaders from all disciplines to view issues from a global perspective so they can successfully participate in global health ventures, consulting, thought leadership, and practice.
Presentation topics include understanding and measuring global health, the global economy, global health workforce planning, safety and security concerns, and crafting a personal legacy as a global healthcare leader.
The Institute for Global Healthcare Leadership brings together top-caliber speakers, including:
David C. Benton, PhD, RN, FFNF, FRCN, FAAN | Global Health Workforce Planning
Chief Executive Officer of the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN)
- Cate E. Bird, PhD | Case Studies in Action: Global Healthcare Leaders Share Their Story
Missing Persons & Forensic Advisor for the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Regional Delegation for the United States and Canada
- Patricia M. Davidson, PhD, MEd, RN, FAAN | Global Healthcare Issues
Dean of the Johns Hopkins School of Nursing
- Andrea Harrison, JD, LLM | Ethics and International Humanitarian Law
Legal Advisor and Deputy Head of Legal Department for the Washington Delegation of the International Committee of the Red Cross
- Carol Huston, MSN, MPA, DPA, FAAN | Global Leadership: What are the Unique Challenges and Crafting a Personal Legacy as a Global Healthcare Leader
Professor in the School of Nursing at California State University, Chico (CSUC)
- Marty Makinen, PhD | The Global Economy
Independent Consultant at Marty Makinen LLC
- Dusan Marinkovic | Government Resources for Global Healthcare Businesses
Senior International Trade Specialist at US Department of Commerce
- Rear Admiral Susan Orsega, MSN, FNP-BC, FAANP, FAAN | Case Studies in Action: Global Healthcare Leaders Share Their Story
Director of Commissioned Corps Headquarters (CCHQ)
- Elizabeth Rosser, DPhil, MN, RN RM, Dip NEd, RNT, Dip RM, PFHEA | Acculturation as a Global Migrant
Professor Emeritus at Bournemouth University, England
- Gwen Sherwood, PhD, RN, FAAN, ANEF | Influence and Implementation
Professor Emeritus University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Nursing
- Richard Southby, PhD (Med), FCHSM, FCLM (Hon), FFPHM, FRSPH | What is Global Health, How Important is it, and How Do We Measure it?
Executive Dean and Distinguished Professor of Global Health Emeritus at Milken Institute School of Public Health, The George Washington University
- Cynthia Vlasich, MBA, BSN, RN | Business Planning and Value Proposition
Director of Global Initiatives for Sigma
To learn more and register for the Institute for Global Healthcare Leadership, visit www.SigmaNursing.org/IGHL
Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing (Sigma) is a nonprofit organization whose mission is advancing world health and celebrating nursing excellence in scholarship, leadership, and service. Founded in 1922, Sigma has more than 135,000 active members in over 90 countries and territories. Members include practicing nurses, instructors, researchers, policymakers, entrepreneurs, and others. Sigma’s more than 530 chapters are located at more than 700 institutions of higher education throughout Armenia, Australia, Botswana, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, England, Ghana, Hong Kong, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Malawi, Mexico, the Netherlands, Pakistan, Philippines, Portugal, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Swaziland, Sweden, Taiwan, Tanzania, Thailand, the United States, and Wales. Learn more at www.SigmaNursing.org