Virtual Mini Academy: Global Advocacy
Learn more about Sigma's virtual mini academy focused on global advocacy
This six-week mini academy, written and taught by by Sigma’s former liaisons to the United Nations (UN), offers you the opportunity to refine your advocacy efforts, learn more about Sigma's consultative status with the UN, and understand your role in furthering the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Each participant will have interactive experiences that can be used for healthcare and policy advocacy application, locally and globally.
A virtual badge and nursing continuing professional development (NCPD) contact hours will be awarded for successful completion of this academy.
This academy is sponsored by Jhpiego.
This virtual mini academy will focus on the following objectives:
The Sigma Virtual Mini Academy: Global Advocacy—Unlocking the Power of the Nurse Advocate at the United Nations provides an opportunity for nurse advocates to advance their role in global healthcare. Nurses have the power to be excellent advocates and are the key to the successful completion of global efforts to improve health equity and healthcare.
Outcomes after completion of this academy include:
Describe the role of the nurse advocate and tools for advocacy
- Actively participate on the global stage in simulated UN discussions and meetings
- Develop strategies to educate the public about the influence of the nursing profession on health and health outcomes
- Create an individual Global Advocacy Action Plan for presentation
Virtual Mini Academy: Global Advocacy—Unlocking the Power of the Nurse Advocate at the United Nations
Fees and Anticipated Costs
There is a one-time fee listed below:
Active Sigma Members: US $50
Non-Sigma Members: US $150
What is the difference between a virtual academy and a virtual mini academy?
Both academies are held over Zoom; however, there are a few important differences.
- This virtual mini academy takes place over six (6) weeks and is a more intense curriculum.
- This virtual mini academy is designed for working practice professionals who are looking to develop their skills to advance professionally.
Interested in joining a future cohort?
To be notified when applications open in 2023, complete the interest form below.
Complete the interest form »