Allocation of funds is based on the quality of the proposed research, the future promise of the applicant, and the applicant's research budget. Applications from novice researchers who have received no other national research funds are encouraged. Preference will be given to Sigma members, other qualifications being equal. Annual funding is provided by Sigma Foundation for Nursing. Funds for this grant do not cover expenses incurred prior to the funding date.
Projects that focus on marginalized populations are strongly encouraged and will be given preference, other qualifications being equal.
Grants available: 10-15 annually
Funding: US $5,000 (max)
Deadline: 1 December 2023
Funding date: 1 June 2024
The principal investigator(s) should:
- Be registered nurses (or country equivalent) with current license (if applicable)
- Have at least a master's in nursing (or country equivalent)
- Submit a completed research application package and signed research agreement
- Ready to implement research project when funding is received
- Complete project within one (1) year of funding
- Submit a final report to Sigma and completed abstract to the Sigma Repository to receive the final grant disbursement, if owed. View final report guidelines.
How to Apply
All applications must be submitted via the online submission. A link to the online submission system will be available in July 2023.
Email Sigma Research Services
Phone: 888.634.7575 (US/Canada toll-free) or +1.317.634.8171 (International)