INDIANAPOLIS — The Honor Society of Nursing, Sigma Theta Tau International (STTI) announced today the Sigma Theta Tau International Foundation for Nursing is accepting proposals for the US $20,000 American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) Evidence-Based Practice Implementation Grant Program – the largest single grant available through the Foundation.
With support from Hill-Rom, STTI and ANCC introduced the Evidence-Based Practice Implementation Grant Program in 2014 to support nurses in clinical settings, apply evidence to practice, and evaluate the effects on patient outcomes. Applications are due 1 June 2017, and the eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Principal project lead must be a registered nurse (or country equivalent) with current license and have at least a master's in nursing (or country equivalent).
- Principal project lead must be a member of either the American Nurses Association or STTI.
- Proposed EBP project can be inter-professional in design, but must be nurse led.
- EBP project implementation site in a clinical setting.
- IRB approval will be required prior to funding. It is not required to submit a proposal.
- Must be ready to initiate project when funding is received.
- Must complete project within twenty-four (24) months of funding; no cost extensions.
- With proposal, must submit letter of support contact information for agency/institution affirming consent for the project.
- Submit to ANCC/STTI a final report; submit a completed abstract or full paper to STTI's Virginia Henderson Global e-Repository.
- Disseminate findings through publication(s), podium or poster presentation at STTI research congress, biennial convention and ANCC National Magnet Conference®.
- Grant agreement will be sent via email on Friday, 2 June 2017 to project lead after application is submitted. Failure to return completed and signed agreement by the due date noted in the email will disqualify the application.
- Grant recipient or proxy MUST be present at STTI’s 44th Biennial Convention in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA, 28 October – 1 November 2017 to accept the award.
For more information on the ANCC Evidence-Based Practice Implementation Grant Program, including how to apply, please visit http://www.nursingsociety.org/advance-elevate/research/research-grants/american-nurses-credentialing-center-evidence-based-practice-(ebp)-implementation-grant-program.
For more information about all the nursing research grants available throughout the year, please visit the STTI Foundation for Nursing grants page at http://www.nursingsociety.org/advance-elevate/research/research-grants.