During convention, you can join the Sigma Foundation for Nursing in the Steps for Research Challenge, which allows convention attendees to put all their steps to good use while competing for prizes! All proceeds from this event will benefit the Foundation’s Research Permanent Fund and provide grants for nurse researchers around the world.
Sunday, 16 November 2019 and Monday, 17 November 2019
Sigma’s 45th Biennial Convention
Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center
National Harbor, Maryland, USA
US $25 (if you register in advance through the online event registration process)
US $30 (on-site registration)
Who should participate?
Any convention attendee with a compatible smart phone or fitness device!
- Android Phones (OS 4.2 or above) - Google Fit app (Android, Pebble, Xiaomi, and more)
- Apple Watch
- Fitbit - Zip, One, Flex, Flex 2, Charge, Charge HR, Charge 2, Surge, Alta, Alta HR, Blaze, Versa, MobileTracker app
- Garmin - vívofit, vívofit 2, vívofit 3, vívosmart, vívosmart 4, vivosmart HR, vívoactive, vivokí
- iPhone 5s and above - Apple Health App (Polar, Pebble, Xiaomi, and more)
- Misfit - Flash Cyclist, Flash, Link, Ray, Shine, Shine2, Speedo Shine, Swarovski Activity Crystal
- Withings (Now Nokia) - Pulse, Pulse O2, Activité Pop, Activité, Activité Steel
Additional instructions will be provided on-site at the Sigma Foundation for Nursing booth (located near registration check-in).
Prizes will be awarded to participants with the most steps each day and most steps overall.* Challenge participants who raise donations are also eligible to win the top fundraising prize — valued at over US $100!
- Daily step winner (2): Insulated Sigma Water Bottle
- Overall step winner: One night stay at the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center
- Top fundraiser: One night stay at the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center
*Participants are eligible to win more than one prize. Night stay(s) can be applied to current or a future booking.
Secure sponsors for the challenge
Want to do more to help raise money for research grants? Invite your friends, family, and colleagues to sponsor your participation. The top fundraiser will be announced and a prize — valued at over US $100 — will be awarded on Tuesday morning, 17 November 2019.
Registrants will receive more information on securing donations by email prior to the event.
Questions? Contact the Sigma Foundation for Nursing staff at email@example.com or call +1.317.634.8171 (International).