Deadline: 15 January 2019
Join us for a cutting edge comprehensive conference on contemporary topics of interest related to oncology patients across the lifespan. Healthcare professionals specializing in caring for this diverse and fragile population will be interested in learning about the most up-to-date information related to treatment modalities, including pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic interventions, palliative care, survivorship, nursing advocacy, and professional development. There will be many opportunities for networking with peers and product representatives. To submit an abstract, please visit https://my.clevelandclinic.org/departments/nursing/conferences/oncology-nursing-conference#abstract-submission-tab
Deadline: 15 January 2019
This annual clinical research conference provides an opportunity for healthcare professionals, clinical experts, and academic professionals to share findings specific to clinical research. The conference boasts nationally renowned keynotes speakers,24 oral research presentations, and over 50 poster presentations. In addition, 12 workshops (advanced and beginner levels) that include themes on statistics, design, and methodology make this conference an exceptional opportunity to gain new knowledge that could affect clinical programs of research. An interdisciplinary approach to facilitate future collaborative projects.
Announcing our Call for Abstracts for workshop speakers and research abstrac
Research abstracts are due by 31 January 2019, and we will notify submitters of acceptance by 15 February 2019. Abstracts are accepted for either an oral (10-minute) presentation or a poster presentation. All research abstracts must be reports of completed work. No quality improvement or evidence-based practice projects will be accepted. Specific details are included on our website. The primary presenter of accepted abstracts will receive a special rate for the two-day conference.
Workshops abstracts are due by 15 December 2018, and we will notify submitters of acceptance by the end of December. Workshops are 50 minutes in length and include a 10 minute Q & A. Presenters should expect 50-100 attendees. We will select 12 workshop presentations and the primary presenter will receive free registration for the two-day conference.
Deadline: 31 January 2019
The 5th International Collaboration of PeriAnaesthesia Nurses' (ICPAN) conference will be held at the Cancun International Convention Centre (CICC) in Cancun, Mexico. The 2019 conference theme, “Bienvenidos: Exploring New Horizons, Empowering Global Practice,” underpins the importance of expanding professional nurse connections across the broader perianaesthesia practice domain. This nonprofit organization hosts a biennial conference aiming to facilitate international nurse networking and sharing of practice standards; encourage collaborative research and evidence-based practice sharing; and provide nursing expertise, voice, and participation in global interprofessional perioperative care team population health initiatives. ICPAN represents the interests of over 18,000 global nurse members through its 11 organizational members and affiliate membership. For more information please visit http://www.icpanconference.com/.
Deadline: 31 January 2019
The First Cochrane Hong Kong Symposium aims to provide an international multidisciplinary platform for discussion and debate among healthcare providers, policy makers, academics, and researchers on contemporary strategies and issues in evidence-informed health care and policy formulation.
The objectives include:
(1) to facilitate opportunities for networking, collaboration, and exchange of ideas with internationally renowned leaders and experts in evidence-based practice and education;
(2) to debate and identify gaps and priority areas for evaluating research- and practice-based innovations in optimising multidisciplinary and complex healthcare;
(3) to share new initiatives, strategies, and challenges in achieving improved global health protection, better patient outcomes, and greater satisfaction among healthcare workers;
(4) to examine and discuss review methodologies for evaluating healthcare delivery models and service innovation practices; and
(5) to explore and discuss challenges and opportunities in the new era for healthcare innovation and evidence-informed healthcare and policy formulation.
Deadline: 15 February 2019
Showcase your knowledge, research, and innovative practice by submitting an abstract for a digital poster. For themes, further details, and to submit please visit www.rcn.org.uk/LAC19. The closing date for submissions is 5 p.m. on Friday, 15 February 2019.
This conference is aimed at supporting all designated and specialist nurses working with CYP in safeguarding and securing best outcomes for health and wellbeing. By attending, nurses will be updated on developments within this changing landscape, knowledge which they can take back to share with their wider team. The event is also an opportunity to share experiences with like-minded peers, debate key national issues, and ensure the voice of nursing can help to shape the agenda for the care of young people. Confirmed keynote speakers include Dr Kenny Gibson, Head of Safeguarding, NHS Safeguarding, NHS England and Mark Riddell, MBE, National Implementation Adviser for Care Leavers, Department for Education.
Deadline: 4 March 2019
The American Psychiatric Nurses Association 33rd Annual Conference will bring together nurses passionate about psychiatric-mental health for 100+ varied educational sessions covering all facets of psychiatric-mental health nursing care — from opioid use to suicide prevention to recovery. Connect with 1600+ psychiatric-mental health RNs and APRNs and earn CE (100+ contact hours in person and online) at the premiere event for psychiatric-mental health nursing this October in New Orleans. To submit an abstract, visit http://www.apna.org/AnnualConference.
Deadline: 15 March 2019
UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh invites you to share your successes. We want to hear how you’re propelling pediatric nursing toward a brighter future. Abstracts are welcome for oral and poster presentations in the following categories:
- Pediatric nursing research and evidence-based practice
- Pediatric nursing education
- Pediatric clinical practice projects
Presentations should align with at least one conference objective including:
- Advance nursing care through expanding an understanding of the holistic patient and family experience.
- Characterize societal and cultural differences as they impact pediatric patient care.
- Apply the latest innovations nursing care of the pediatric population.
Deadline: 29 March 2019
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to announce the Call for Speaker and Poster Abstracts for the 2019 Professional Nurse Educators Group (PNEG) Conference. PNEG is a virtual network of educators in the United States who are dedicated to the lifelong learning of professional nurses. The conference provides professional nurse educators and academic nursing faculty with the knowledge, tools, and resources to advance their professional development and clinical performance.
General abstract submission closes on 29 March 2019. Abstract notifications will be sent in early May 2019. Abstracts may be submitted for an oral session or poster presentation. Abstracts should fit into one of the following categories: quality improvement, research, or best practice/innovation and align with the conference theme of "Collaborating, Leading, Educating."
- Collaborating - different yet related healthcare groups working together to enhance nursing education and practice (e.g. Interprofessional Education; Clinical/Academic Partnerships, Community Partnerships)
- Leading - inspiring and motivating nurses and other healthcare providers to seek unexpected and remarkable results within nursing education (e.g. influence strategies; leadership roles, skills or opportunities)
- Educating - facilitating learning for nurses and other healthcare providers that develops knowledge, skills, values, and beliefs (e.g. innovative teaching strategies, new technological advances, continuing education)
For more information or to submit an abstract, please visit clevelandclinic.org/pnegcle.