Biennial Convention House of Delegates Information
The House of Delegates is Sigma's governing body, and delegates are needed meet quorum so that Sigma may conduct business. Each chapter is endowed with two votes per House of Delegates, and two delegates attend Convention and the House of Delegates to cast the votes on behalf of the chapter. If a chapter can only send one delegate, that delegate may cast both votes. Any active chapter member may serve as a delegate!
During the House of Delegates, the following business will take place:
- Adoption of standing rules and order of business
- Reporting session and state-of-the-society address
- Presentation of newly chartered chapters and charter amendments
- Declaration of the election
- Presentation and voting on bylaws amendments
- Presentation and voting on resolutions
- Departure and recognition ceremony
- Installation and transition ceremony
- Presidential call to action
Convention delegates should be listed in the Officer and Committee Chair Report in the Management System. Chapters who are not represented at the House of Delegates will be bylaws in-compliant, and assessed a fine.
Delegate questions? Email email@example.com or call 888.634.7575 (US/Canada toll-free) or +1.317.634.8171 (International).