The purpose of the Sigma/Western Institute of Nursing research grant is to encourage qualified nurses to contribute to the advancement of nursing through research. Proposals for pilot and/or developmental research may be submitted for the grant.
Funds for this grant are provided jointly by the Sigma Foundation for Nursing and Western Institute of Nursing (WIN). Funds for this grant do not cover expenses incurred prior to the funding date.
Grants available: 1 per year
Funding: US $10,000
Deadline: 1 December 2021
Funding date: 1 April 2022
- Registered nurse with current license
- Have a doctoral degree or be enrolled in a doctoral program
- Be a member of Sigma and Western Institute of Nursing (WIN) and be affiliated with a WIN member institute. View a list of eligible institutions.
- Submit a completed research application via online submission system
- Ready to implement research project when funding is received
- Complete project within one (1) year of funding
- Submit to Sigma a final report and completed abstract to the Sigma Repository, to receive final grant disbursement, and credit research grant partner in all publications and presentations of the research.
How to Apply
All applications must be submitted via the online submission system. A link to the online system will be available in late July 2021.
Phone: 888.634.7575 (US/Canada toll-free) or +1.317.634.8171 (International)