The purpose of the Sigma/Association of Nurses in AIDS Care Grant research grant is to encourage research career development of nurses through support of clinically oriented HIV/AIDS research and increase the number of HIV studies being done by nurses. This includes studies focused on HIV prevention, symptom management, promotion of self-care and adherence. Proposals for pilot and/or developmental research may be submitted for the grant.
Grants available: 1 per year
Funding: US $2,500 (max)
Deadline: 1 April 2021
Funding date: 1 August 2021
Funds for this grant are provided jointly by ANAC and the Sigma Foundation for Nursing. Funds for this grant do not cover expenses incurred prior to the funding date.
- Registered nurse with current license.
- Have a master’s degree, and/or be enrolled in a doctoral program.
- Submit a completed research application via online submission system.
- Ready to implement research project when funding is received.
- Complete project within one (1) year of funding.
- Submit to Sigma a final report and submit completed abstract to the Sigma Repository to receive the final grant disbursement, if owed.
- Membership in one organization is required. Applicants are not required to be a member of both organizations. However, preference will be given to honor society and ANAC members, other qualifications being equal.
How to Apply
All applications must be submitted via the online submission system, here.
Email: Sigma Research Services
Phone: 888.634.7575 (US/Canada toll-free) or +1.317.634.8171 (International)