The Sigma/Rosemary Berkel Crisp grant supports nursing research in the critical areas of women's health, oncology, and pediatrics.
The allocation of funds is based upon a research project that is ready for implementation in the area of women's health, oncology, or pediatrics; the quality of the proposed research, future potential of the application, appropriateness of the research budget, and feasibility of time frame. Funds provided by interest from a gift from The Harry L. Crisp, II and Rosemary Berkel Crisp Foundation to the honor society's Research Endowment. Funds for this grant do not cover expenses incurred prior to the funding date.
Grants available: 1 per year
Funding: up to US $5,000
Deadline: 1 December 2021
Funding date: 1 June 2022
- The principal investigator(s) should be registered nurses (or country equivalent) with current license (if applicable)
- Be a member of Sigma
- Have at least a master's in nursing (or country equivalent).
- Submit a completed research application package and signed research agreement
- Ready to implement research project when funding is received
- Complete project within one (1) year of funding.
- Submit to Sigma a final report and submit completed abstract to the Sigma Repository to receive the final grant disbursement, if owed.
- Note: Some preference will be given to applicants residing in Illinois, Missouri, Arkansas, Kentucky, and Tennessee.
How to Apply
All applications must be submitted via the online submission system. A link to the online system will be available in late July 2021.
Phone: 888.634.7575 (US/Canada toll-free) or +1.317.634.8171 (International)