The purpose of the Sigma/National Association of Hispanic Nurses (NAHN) collaborative research grant is to encourage qualified nurses to contribute to the advancement of Latino health through nursing research. Proposals for pilot and/or development research may be submitted for this grant.
Funds for this grant are provided by the Sigma Foundation for Nursing and the National Association of Hispanic Nurses. Funds for this grant do not cover expenses incurred prior to the funding date.
Grants available: 1 annually
Funding: US $5,000 (max)
Deadline: 1 April 2021
Funding date: 1 August 2021
- Doing research in Latino population.
- Be a member in good standing of Sigma and/or NAHN. Preference given to member of both organizations.
- Registered nurse with a current license.
- Hold at minimum a master's degree or its equivalent and/or be enrolled in a doctoral program.
- Submission of completed research application packet and a signed research agreement via our online submission system.
- Ready to implement research project when funding is received. Research may NOT be conducted as part of an academic degree.
- Complete the project within one year of funding.
- Submit a final report to Sigma in addition to a completed abstract to the Sigma Repository.
- Submit an abstract for publication to NAHN regarding the research done as a product of the grant, and credit research grant partners in all publications and presentations of the research.
- The grant will be presented at NAHN's 45th Annual Conference in Miami, Florida, USA, 14-17 July 2020. Attendance is mandatory.
- Present findings at a future NAHN conference.
How to apply
All applications must be submitted via the online submission system. A link to the online submission system will be available in January 2021.
Sigma Theta Tau International
Phone: 888.634.7575 (US/Canada toll-free) or