The purpose of the Sigma Foundation for Nursing/Jonas Philanthropies collaborative research grant, in memory of Barbara Jonas, is to support nursing research that will help improve healthcare for the most vulnerable citizens of the United States. Proposals for pilot and/or developmental research may be submitted for the grant.
Funds for this grant are provided jointly by Sigma Foundation for Nursing and Jonas Philanthropies.
Funds for this grant do not cover expenses incurred prior to the funding date.
Grants available: 1 per category: Mental Health, Rural Health or Veterans Healthcare
Funding: US $10,000 each
Deadline: 1 December 2019
Funding date: 1 June 2020
- Special consideration given to Jonas Scholars and Sigma members.
- Registered nurse with a current license.
- Doctoral nurse scholar (PhD, DNP, EdD, DNSc, PhD-DNP)
- Submission of completed research application packet and a signed research agreement via Sigma’s on-line submission system.
- Ready to implement research project when funding is received.
- Complete the project within one year of funding (10% of grant is withheld until final report is submitted via the online system to Sigma).
- Submit to Sigma a final report; submit completed abstract to Sigma’s Virginia Henderson International Nursing e-repository. Final report will also be provided to Jonas Philanthropies.
- Research must address a pressing health care issue that impacts the most vulnerable citizens of the United States: Mental Health, Rural Health or Veterans Healthcare including but not limited to underserved older adults and children and veterans.
*Applications that do not meet the requirements listed above WILL NOT be reviewed for this grant.
How to Apply
All applications must be submitted via Sigma's online submission system.
A link to the submission system will be available in July 2019.
Phone: 888.634.7575 (US/Canada toll-free) or +1.317.634.8171 (International)