The purpose of the Sigma/Jonas Philanthropies collaborative research grant, in memory of Barbara Jonas, is to support nursing research that will help improve healthcare for the most vulnerable citizens of the United States. The grant is supported by Jonas Nursing & Veterans Healthcare, the signature program of Jonas Philanthropies. Proposals for pilot and/or developmental research may be submitted for the grant.
Funds for this grant are provided jointly by Sigma Foundation for Nursing and Jonas Philanthropies.
Funds for this grant do not cover expenses incurred prior to the funding date.
Grants available: 3 from one of the following categories—environmental health, mental health, rural health, veterans healthcare, or visual health
Funding: US $10,000 each
Deadline: 1 December 2020
Funding date: 1 June 2021
- Special consideration given to Jonas Scholars and Sigma members.
- Registered nurse with a current license.
- Doctoral nurse scholar (PhD, DNP, EdD, DNSc, PhD-DNP)
- Submission of completed research application packet and a signed research agreement via Sigma’s on-line submission system.
- Ready to implement research project when funding is received.
- Complete the project within one year of funding (10% of grant is withheld until final report is submitted via the online system to Sigma).
- Submit to Sigma a final report and submit completed abstract to the Sigma Repository to receive the final grant disbursement, if owed.
- Research must address a pressing health care issue focused on mental health or behavioral health, veterans’ health issues, rural health care, environmental health issues, or visual health issues.
*Applications that do not meet the requirements listed above WILL NOT be reviewed for this grant.
How to Apply
All applications must be submitted via Sigma's online submission system. Apply here
Phone: 888.634.7575 (US/Canada toll-free) or +1.317.634.8171 (International)