The purpose of the Sigma Foundation for Nursing/Joan K. Stout, RN, Research Grant is to advance ongoing evidence-based study by nurse researchers on the impact of the practice of simulation education in schools of nursing and clinical care settings.
Grants available: 1 per year
Funding: at least US $5,000 (max)
Deadline: 1 July 2019
Funding date: 1 November 2019
The allocation of funds is based upon a research project that is ready for implementation. The proposed research project should be designed to ensure the ongoing practice of nurse-led simulation in improving quality of care in clinical and/or academic settings with the potential for further funding and ongoing research. Funds provided by interest from a research endowment established at Sigma Foundation for Nursing, with a donation by the Hugoton Foundation.
Sigma Foundation for Nursing board of directors named the research grant in honor of Hugoton Foundation president Joan K. Stout, RN, FAAN, in recognition of her support of the role of simulation and technology by nurses incorporating evidence-based patient care. Funds for this grant do not cover expenses incurred prior to the funding date.
- The principal investigator(s) should be registered nurses (or country equivalent) with current license (if applicable) and have at least a master's in nursing (or country equivalent).
- Submit a completed research application via online submission system.
- Ready to implement research project when funding is received.
- Complete project within one (1) year of funding.
- Submit to Sigma a final report; submit completed abstract to Sigma's Virginia Henderson Global Nursing e-Repository.
How to apply
All applications must be submitted via the online submission system. A link to the online system will be available in April 2019.
Phone: 888.634.7575 (US/Canada toll-free) or