The Sigma Global Nursing Research Grant encourages nurses to focus on responding to health disparities globally.
Grants available: 1 per year
Funding: up to US $10,000
Deadline: 1 May 2022
Funding date: 1 November 2022
Allocation of funds is based on the quality of the proposed research, cross-country (at least two countries) collaboration between research teams, and the applicant's research budget. Annual funding for this grant is provided by the Sigma Foundation for Nursing's Patricia E. Thompson Global Research Fund donors. Funds for this grant do not cover expenses incurred prior to the funding date.
The proposed nursing research should meet the following criteria:
- The project should be conducted by a cross-country (at least two countries) research team and focus on responding to health disparities globally.
- The principal investigator(s) should be registered nurses (or country equivalent) with current license and have at least a master's in nursing (or country equivalent).
- Submit a completed research application package and signed research agreement with appropriate additional documentation and letters of support by deadline (no extensions).
- Ready to implement research project when funding is received (including proof of Institutional Review Board approval or country equivalent).
- Complete project within eighteen (18) months of funding.
- Submit a final report and completed abstract to the Sigma Repository to receive final grant disbursement, if owed.
How to Apply
All applications must be submitted via the online submission system. A link to the submission system will open in February 2022.
Email: Sigma Research Services
Phone: 888.634.7575 (US/Canada toll-free) or +1.317.634.8171 (International)