The Sigma/Doris Bloch Research Award encourages nurses to contribute to the advancement of nursing through research.
Allocation of funds is based on the quality of the proposed research, the future promise of the applicant and the applicant's research budget. Applications from novice researchers who have received no other national research funds are encouraged and will receive preference for funding, other aspects being equal. Preference will be given to Sigma Theta Tau International members, other qualifications being equal. Funding is provided by a gift to Sigma Foundation for Nursing’s Research Permanent Fund from the Doris Bloch Estate. Funds for this grant do not cover expenses incurred prior to the funding date.
Grants available: 1 per year
Funding: US $5,000 (max)
Deadline: 1 July 2023
Funding date: 1 November 2023
- The principal investigator(s) should be registered nurses (or country equivalent) with current license (if applicable) and have at least a master's in nursing (or country equivalent).
- Submission of a completed research application package and signed research agreement.
- Ready to implement research project when funding is received.
- Complete project within one (1) year of funding.
- Submit a final report and completed abstract to the Sigma Repository to receive final grant disbursement, if owed.
How to Apply
All applications must be submitted via the online submission system. A link to the online application will be available in April 2023.
Email: Sigma Research Services
Phone: 888.634.7575 (US/Canada toll-free) or +1.317.634.8171 (International)