The Sigma Foundation for Nursing/Doris Bloch Research Award encourages nurses to contribute to the advancement of nursing through research.
Funds for this grant do not cover expenses incurred prior to the funding date.
Allocation of funds is based on the quality of the proposed research, the future promise of the applicant and the applicant's research budget. Applications from novice researchers who have received no other national research funds are encouraged and will receive preference for funding, other aspects being equal. Preference will be given to Sigma Theta Tau International members, other qualifications being equal. Funding is provided by a gift to the honor society's Research Endowment from the Doris Bloch estate.
Grants available: 1 per year
Funding: US $5,000 (max)
Deadline: 1 July 2019
Funding date: 1 November 2019
- The principal investigator(s) should be registered nurses (or country equivalent) with current license (if applicable) and have at least a master's in nursing (or country equivalent).
- Submission of a completed research application package and signed research agreement.
- Ready to implement research project when funding is received.
- Complete project within one (1) year of funding.
- Submit to Sigma a final report.
- Submit completed abstract to Sigma's Virginia Henderson Global Nursing e-Repository.
How to Apply
All applications must be submitted via the online submission system. A link to the submission system is available here
Phone: 888.634.7575 (US/Canada toll-free) or