The Sigma/Chamberlain College of Nursing Education Research Grants support research focused on excellence and innovation in nursing education.
Allocation of funds is based on the quality of the proposed research, the future promise of the applicant, and the applicant's research budget. This grant is a program of the Sigma/Chamberlain College of Nursing Center for Excellence in Nursing Education. Funds for this grant do not cover expenses incurred prior to the funding date.
Grants available: 2 annually
Funding: US $10,000 each (max)
Deadline: 1 May 2019
Funding date: 1 November 2019
The proposed nursing research should meet the following criteria:
- Be a member in good standing of Sigma.
- The principal investigator(s) should be registered nurses (or country equivalent) with a current license and have at least a master's in nursing (or country equivalent).
- The project should focus on issues in nursing academia. Issues may be related to nursing faculty and students, teaching and learning, clinical and didactic education, in person and online classroom settings, simulation, etc.
- Submit a completed research application package and signed research agreement with appropriate additional documentation and letters of support by the deadline (no extensions).
- Ready to implement research project when funding is received (including proof of Institutional Review Board approval or country equivalent).
- Complete project within twelve (12) months of funding.
- Submit a final report to Sigma. Submit completed abstract to Sigma's Virginia Henderson Global Nursing e-Repository.
How to Apply
All applications must be submitted via the online submission system. A link to the submission system is available linking here
Phone: 888.634.7575 (US/Canada toll-free) or +1.317.634.8171 (International)