The Sigma Theta Tau International/Canadian Nurses Research Grant supports research that advances the practice of nursing with an emphasis on nursing care issues. Nursing care research or clinical nursing research is defined as research that is practice-based or that will provide the groundwork for future practice-based research studies. Research funded through this grant must provide evidence that there is a potential impact on nursing practice, whether direct or indirect.
Funds for this grant are provided jointly by Sigma and the Canadian Nurses Foundation.
Funds for this grant do not cover expenses incurred prior to the funding date.
Grants available: 1 per year
Funding: up to US $5,000
Deadline: 1 December 2019
Funding date: 1 June 2020
- Must be a practicing Canadian registered nurse with a current license
- Research must address at least one the following nursing care practice priorities:
- Supporting research that takes place in “clinical” settings, where nurses provide care, including the community setting
- Supporting research that involves novice researchers
- Supporting research teams that are interdisciplinary
- Preference given to active member of Sigma.
- Submission of completed research application via Sigma's on-line submission system MUST be completed by 1 December.
How to apply
All applications must be submitted via the online submission system. A link to the submission system is available by linking here
Phone: 888.634.7575 (US/Canada toll-free) or +1.317.634.8171 (International)