To encourage qualified nurses to conduct research related to perioperative nursing practice and contribute to the development of perioperative nursing science. All relevant research topics will be considered although priority will be given to research studies that relate to the AORN research priorities:
- Perioperative nursing care that contributes to quality, cost-effective patient outcomes related to safety, physiological integrity and behavioral responses.
- Validation, testing and refinement of the Perioperative Nursing Data Set.
- Perioperative Nursing Leadership/Management.
- Evidence-based practice
- Health and safety issues affecting perioperative nurses and patients.
- Perioperative nursing leadership/management (i.e. recruitment/retention, resource management, effective teams)
- Recommended Practices
Grants available: 1 per year
Funding: US $5,000 (max)
Deadline: 31 August 2021
Funding date: 15 November 2021
Funds for this grant are provided jointly by the AORN Foundation and the Sigma Foundation for Nursing. Allocation of funds is based on the quality of the research, the future promise of the applicant, and the applicant’s research budget.
- Principal investigator is required to be a registered nurse (with a current license) in the perioperative setting or a registered nurse who demonstrates interest in or significant contributions to perioperative nursing practice.
- Principal investigator must have, at a minimum, a master’s degree in nursing.
- Membership in either organization is acceptable but not required.
How to Apply
All applications are accepted by AORN. View additional details.
Lisa Spruce, RN, DNP, ACNS, ACNP, ANP, CNOR
Director, Evidence-Based Perioperative Practice
Association of periOperative Registered Nurses (AORN)
2170 S. Parker Road, Suite 400
Denver, CO 80231-571
303.755.6304 ext. 207
800.755.2676 ext. 207