The Sigma/American Nurses Foundation grant encourages research career development of nurses through support of research conducted by beginning nurse researchers or experienced nurse researchers who are entering a new field of study.
Grants available: 1 per year
Funding: US $7,500 (max)
Deadline: 1 May 2020
Funding date: October 2020
Funds for this grant are provided by American Nurses Foundation and Sigma Foundation for Nursing. Preference will be given to Sigma members, other qualifications being equal. Allocation of funds is based on the quality of the proposed research, the future promise of the applicant, and the applicant’s research budget. Funds for this grant do not cover expenses incurred prior to the funding date.
- The principal investigator(s) should be registered nurse (or country equivalent) with current license (if applicable).
- Have at least a master's in nursing (or country equivalent).
- Have a clinical nursing research topic related to any of the following: Gerontology; Health of Nurses; Innovation; Leadership; Psych/Mental Health; Women's Health.
- Submit a completed research application package and signed research agreement.
- Ready to implement research project when funding is received.
- Complete the project within one year of funding.
- Submit a final report to Sigma in addition to a completed abstract to the Sigma Repository.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted to ANF for 2021. Please check their site for additional information.
Email: Sigma Research Services
Phone: 888.634.7575 (US/Canada toll-free) or +1.317.634.8171 (International)