The purpose of the Sigma/American Board for Occupational Health Nurses (ABOHN) collaborative research grant is to encourage qualified nurses to contribute to the advancement of occupational health through nursing research. Proposals for pilot and/or development research may be submitted for this grant.
Grants available: 1 per year
Funding: US $5,000 (max)
Deadline: 1 July 2023
Funding date: 1 November 2023
Funds for this grant are provided by the Sigma Foundation for Nursing and the American Board for Occupational Health Nurses (ABOHN). Funds for this grant do not cover expenses incurred prior to the funding date.
- Be a member in good standing of Sigma and/or ABOHN. Preference given to members of both organizations.
- Doing research in occupational health setting
- Registered nurse with a current license.
- Certified OHN (COHN or COHN-s) OR a non-certified nurse studying occupational health nursing.
- Submission of completed research application packet and a signed research agreement via our online submission system.
- Ready to implement research project when funding is received.
- Complete the project within one year of funding.
- Submit a final report and completed abstract to the Sigma Repository to receive final grant disbursement, if owed.
- Agree to ABOHN publicizing the project and findings on their website and newsletter.
- Develop a poster for submission to a conference (such as AAOHN or AOHP and/or submit the project for publication in a peer reviewed journal and credit research grant partners in all publications and presentations of the research.
How to Apply
All applications must be submitted via the online submission system here.
Email: Sigma Research Services
Phone: 888.634.7575 (US/Canada toll-free) or +1.317.634.8171 (International)