The Friend of Nursing Award is conferred by local chapters and recognizes an individual or organization that is not eligible for regular membership but has impacted the chapter, the local nursing or health care community, and/or the health of people in a significant way.
Nominees for the Friend of Nursing Award must:
- Demonstrate a commitment to the ideals and purposes of Sigma.
- Demonstrate superior achievement and leadership in their field of work.
- Contribute to the long-term significance of the chapter, the nursing profession, and/or to the health of people within a local or regional area.
Chapters should encourage all chapter members to submit nominations. (Nominations can only be accepted from chapter members.)
Some examples of individuals or organizations that may be nominated:
- A printer who produces the chapter’s newsletter consistently and with a high level of excellence.
- A person who produces and/or maintains the chapter’s website.
- A local business that consistently sponsors the chapter or donates time, money, resources or services for chapter events.
- A member of the support staff of the nursing school who consistently exceeds the expectations required of his or her job.
- Non-nursing instructors who have taken additional steps to help teach nursing students within their university.
- Individuals who have made significant contributions to nursing or to advance the nursing profession or the health of people on a local or regional level.
(This list is not inclusive.)
Sigma has provided a Sample Nomination form that should be customized for your chapter. Please be sure to provide specific deadline date and chapter contact where forms should be returned and where additional information can be obtained.
Headquarters will provide customized certificates for chapters for US $12.50 per certificate. Please submit a Certificate Request Form and allow 10 business days for delivery of certificates.
Questions: Please contact email@example.com.