After a school of nursing receives information and pre-approval to proceed with the STTI honor society and chapter development process, the school of nursing shall form an independent, local nursing honor society. The honor society agrees to follow STTI's recommended honor society procedures and policies while forming and operating the honor society with intent to apply for official chapter status.
NOTE: Although STTI provides support and resources to the developing honor society, the honor society is not affiliated with STTI until after the chapter charter application has been approved AND the official chartering ceremony has taken place.
Thinking ahead to application submission...
What to document, save, and update during Phase 2.
Document, save, and continually update the following in preparation for submitting your application:
(The honor society is eligible to submit its chapter charter application one to two [1-2] years after the first induction ceremony.)
- Letters of Support
- Letter from university/college administration
- Letter from school/department of nursing
- At-large applicants must submit these two (2) letters from each school that will be
affiliated with the chapter
- Amendment applicants must submit these two (2) letters from each existing school
affiliated with the chapter and each applicant school that is joining the chapter
NOTE: All support letters submitted with the application should be less than one year old from the date of application submission.
- Completed and adopted honor society bylaws template for current biennium
- Current list of honor society officers (required and optional), revised and updated as necessary
- Copies of honor society budgets for each fiscal year, revised and updated as necessary
- Written procedure for determining membership eligibility per STTI bylaws
Submit a developing honor society
consultation request form
Questions? Contact us!
Staff at headquarters are available by phone or email to answer your questions about honor society and chapter development.
Telephone: 1.888.634.7575 (US/Canada toll-free) or 1.317.634.8171 (International)