The vice president performs various responsibilities on behalf of the honor society or chapter. This position performs the duties of the president in the president’s absence. The vice president also facilitates achievement of honor society goals and oversees at least two chapter programs each year. The vice president often oversees the membership engagement efforts and frequently chairs or serves on committees as needed.
- Perform the duties of the president in the president's absence. Be chair of committees, as needed. In an at-Large honor society/chapter a designated vice president shall perform these duties. In the absence of the president, the vice-president assumes the role of president over the president-elect.
- Succeed into the office of president and serve until the next election in the event that the president vacates his/her officer during the two-year term.
- Prepare an annual report to the chapter membership regarding the vice-president's responsibilities and activities.
- Oversee the planning of chapter programs ensuring that at least two programs or events that support the honor society's purposes and goals are held each year.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures related to the position of vice president. Submit modifications or new policies and procedures to the board of directors for approval.
Orientation Video - 18 minutes