The President serves as the chief representative of the honor society or chapter. This position administers chapter business and coordinates all Board of Directors meetings. The President can serve as an ex-officio member of committees, with the exception of the Leadership Succession Committee. It is also the responsibility of the president to ensure that required reports such as the Chapter Annual Report and the Chapter Fee Verification form are submitted to headquarters by their designated due dates.
- Ensure developing honor society is meeting goals, requirements and suggested tasks to apply for chapter status. (Task force may be created to facilitate process and to complete application.)
- Act as the executive officer and administrator of all business of the developing honor society as stated in the honor society bylaws.
- Serve as chief representative of the developing honor society in inter-honor society activities.
- Ensure all honor society leaders are oriented to their positions. Arrange annual orientation/transition meeting for all newly installed officers and committee chairs. The purpose is to facilitate the transfer of duties and responsibilities and to formulate the goals of the honor society/chapter for the coming year. Plan for officer transitions.
- Prepare a calendar and agenda for all Board of Directors and general membership meetings with assistance as needed from the secretary.
- Finalize the committee appointments recommended by the Board of Directors for all committees, advisory councils or task forces.
- Delegate responsibilities not addressed by the honor society bylaws to the honor society officers or committees.
- Communicate the business, projects and activities of the Board of Directors to the membership.
- Ensure at least one business meeting and at least two programs or events that support the purposes and goals of the honor society are held during each fiscal year.
- Meet with the head of the nursing program at the beginning of the school year to get the honor society’s meetings on the school's master calendar.
- Talk with the heads of major service agencies in the community and ask to get the honor society’s meeting dates on the agency's master calendars.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures related to the position of president. Submit modifications or new policies and procedures to the board of directors for approval.
- Serves as an ex-officio member of all committees except the Leadership Succession Committee.
Orientation Video - 21 minutes