The counselor is responsible for selecting candidates based on membership eligibility criteria determined per the Sigma honor society bylaws and guidelines. The counselor is also responsible for sending membership invitations and managing the induction process. (Counselors of alumni chapters who oversee nurse leader inductions are not required to be faculty.)
- May serve as the chair of the Governance Committee.
- Lead the procedure for determining membership eligibility and inducting members.
- Develop strategies for publicizing and informing students and nursing leaders of membership eligibility criteria. May work in conjunction with the Membership Involvement Committee or the Publicity Committee, if applicable.
- Secure necessary data from the official records of students to determine eligibility status. The counselor should work with the Registrar’s office to obtain this information.
- Notify students of their eligibility status and send out the appropriate membership application materials.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures related to the position of counselor. Submit modifications or new policies and procedures to the board of directors for approval.
Orientation Video - 17 minutes