About the Special Issue
New technologies are being increasingly used to facilitate and enhance evidence-based practice (EBP), healthcare quality, and patient outcomes. This special issue of Worldviews on Evidence-Based Nursing, ranked #14 in the ISI Journal Citation Reports® Ranking with an impact factor of 1.76, will consider original articles for this special focused issue of the journal that include:
- Primary research that evaluated the use of technology to improve implementation of evidence-based practice in nurses or other healthcare providers
- Primary research that evaluated the use of technology to improve healthcare systems, healthcare quality, or patient outcomes
- Primary research that evaluated the use of technology to reduce healthcare costs
- Reports of innovations in the use of technology to enhance EBP, healthcare quality, or patient outcomes
- Systematic reviews on the use of technology to enhance EBP, healthcare quality, and/or patient outcomes or reduce healthcare costs
- Reports of how big data approaches can inform clinicians in providing evidence-based healthcare, improve quality and safety, and/or improve patient outcomes.
- Development and/or implementation of evidence-based guidelines that include the use of technology to advance EBP, healthcare quality or patient outcomes.
Manuscripts should be up to 5,000 words and follow the guidelines for authors at:
Deadline for submission of papers is 31 August 2017. Inquiries should be directed to Bernadette
Melnyk, PhD, RN, FAAN, Editor, at Melnyk.email@example.com.