The Emerging Educational Administrator Institute (Institute) is intended for nurse faculty in their first administrative position (three years or less), or those aspiring to become administrators. The Institute is an 18-month mentored-leadership experience utilizing the Triad Model.
The Triad Model
The Triad Model consists of the Leadership Scholar, Leadership Mentor, and Faculty Advisor. All work collaboratively to facilitate the Scholar's professional and leadership development.
- Create an administrative career path.
- Develop knowledge and skills related to the administrator role in academe.
- Initiate a personal plan to achieve administrative goals.
- Apply best practices to administrative actions, decision, and communications.
- Develop as an administrator in one of three academic missions (education, research, or service).
- Applications open 1 September 2017 and close 14 December 2017
- Scholar notification of acceptance: 5 February 2018
- Workshop I: 9-10 March 2018
- Site visit: Determined by Triad
- Workshop II: 15-16 March 2019
- Project deliverables: 1 November 2019
- Sigma biennial convention: 15-19 November 2019
- EEAI activities: 15-16 November 2019
- The Institute's registration fee is US $3,000.
- Recommended sources for financial assistance include:
- Civic organizations
- Hospital auxiliaries
- University foundations
- Government agencies
- Community and professional foundations
- Professional organizations
- Sigma chapters
Contact the Center for Excellence in Nursing Education at email@example.com
Sigma is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the
American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.