The Honor Society of Nursing, Sigma Theta Tau International (STTI) is a nonprofit organization of more than 135,000 nurse leaders dedicated to advancing world health and celebrating nursing excellence in scholarship, leadership, and service. Funds received in support of advertising, exhibit, and sponsorship programs directly contribute to our mission and greatly enhance our ability to positively impact patient outcomes.
- Membership is by invitation only to baccalaureate and graduate nursing students who demonstrate excellence in scholarship and to nurse leaders exhibiting exceptional achievements in nursing.
- Members reside in more than 90 countries and are connected through a global network of more than 500 chapters located at more than 700 institutions of higher education throughout Armenia, Australia, Botswana, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, England, Ghana, Hong Kong, Japan, Kenya, Lebanon, Malawi, Mexico, the Netherlands, Pakistan, Portugal, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Swaziland, Sweden, Taiwan, Tanzania, Thailand, the United States, and Wales.
- STTI communicates regularly with more than 100 nurse leaders interested in establishing chapters globally, including those in China, India, Ireland, Israel, Jamaica, Jordan, Lebanon, Peru, Philippines, Saudi Arabia, and Spain.
- 100% of STTI members hold a bachelor's degree
- 24% hold a master's or doctoral degree
- 31% of biennial convention attendees work in a hospital/multihospital system
- 54% of biennial convention attendees work in a school of nursing
- More than 300 nursing students attend convention